This week I wrap up my two part series on the mission to put the first man on the moon, Apollo 11.
In this episode, I give you the history of the three man team that made up Apollo 11: Neil Armstrong, Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin and Mike Collins, how they prepared for such a historic mission and an overview of Apollo 11 itself. Tune in!
Sources Used for This Episode:
- Shoot for the Moon by James Donovan
- Apollo 11. Directed by Todd Douglas Miller. CNN Films. 2019. Hulu. (LINK)
- Math Invented for Moon Landing Helps Your Flight Arrive on Time by Abigail Tabor, NASA. (LINK)
- The Apollo Missions. Edited by Sarah Loff. NASA. (LINK)
- Apollo 11 Mission Overview. Edited by Sarah Loff. NASA. (LINK)
- Space Program. The John F Kennedy Library. (LINK)
- May 25, 1961: JFK'S Moonshot Speech to Congress. Space.com (LINK)
- Apollo 11 Moon Landing Timeline: From Liftoff to Splashdown by Dave Roos. History.com (LINK)
Support the show (http://www.buymeacoffee.com/civicscoffeepod)